Business analyst is an important role in any profit or non-profit making organization. This means BA are not only used for making money, they are actually important to achieve the particular goals of any organization. This is why in some places business analyst may also be referred as “Organizational Analyst”. Explaining Business analyst job description is much simple, but understanding the exact role and need of BA is most important. Let’s dig deep about a business analyst.
Business Analyst Job Description:
BA are the actual passage between the troubles and solutions. They are backbone for their organizations or company’s business improvements and performance, guiding team’s activity and make their effort more effective. In short BA will analyze all pros and cons of existing or planned business activity and ensure a successive path for his organization.
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
To ensure the successive achievement of his organizations proposal, He cannot limit his responsibilities. Following are the set of responsibilities a BA should carry
- BA is responsible in achieving goals for projects.
- Implementing new technology solutions for his organization.
- Planning and monitoring business projects on whole.
- Leading a project and take responsibility on project delivery on time.
- Analyze task and make project survey to advise senior management.
- Leading and training team to ensure effective task completion
- Assess and validate his organizations activities to conclude if the driven solution meets the requirements
- Analyze his team and organization requirements then translate and simplify it effectively.
- Create and maintain reports to analyze and support the business and team needs.
- Create and assist business case for actions and other initiatives by organization.
- Responsible for advanced statistical analysis, market analysis, competition analysis, operation analysis and sales analysis.
- Create request for proposal and manage the process
Business Analyst Skills:
- Basic skill of a business analyst is advanced in excel and powerpoint.
- Advanced skill on excel like vlookup and hlookup
- Being BA one need excellent communication and presentation skill.
- Leadership skill is always important for a BA
- BA gains value with skill on working in agile development environment.
- Skilled on working knowledge of Scrum methodology.
- Need skills to create RFP and manage.
- Skills needed working on sharepoint platform.
Business Analyst Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with any specialization.
- Master’s degree in any specialization (may not be mandatory)
- Agile PMI or scrum certified if experienced (Fresher will not need this requirement)
Business Analyst Career and Salary Scope:
BA is super suitable for individuals who are self-motivated, possess strong analytical skill and has leadership in his nature and attitude. A need for business analyst for IT organizations in these days have been very common and natural. This job will sure have advancements and growth in career atleast for next ten years without any disbelief.
Fresher on IT industry will get salary around INR 3,00,000 to INR 4,00,000 P.A
Where professional with 3 to 5 years of experience will be paid INR 8,00,000 to INR 15,00,000 P.A
Professionals with experience of more than five to eight years will not have a fixed salary. It may vary according to respective organizational standard.