A Sales Executive is required to take your organizations name to the desired customers. He is the one to make the effort of explaining your product on your behalf. He is the one doing door to door marketing and is responsible to cover targets assigned to him in a slated period, usually a year.
Sales Executive Job Description
A sales executive is the person who meets prospective clients, convinces them about the company’s products and services and finally wins the clients. He is the person whom the clients associate with as the point of contact with the organization. He is the one the organization bases its vision on and relies on him for its goals. His achievements are always supposed to be in line with the interest of the organization as a whole. His career graph would always move in accordance with the company’s graph. Usually the companies pay a lot of incentives to the Sales Executives to keep their motivational streak going. They are kept in high spirits before and after their meetings to make them free of any rejections. The Sales Manager always has to ensure that the attitude of the Sales Executive and his mindset is conducive to the organization.
Sales Executive Responsibilities
A sales executive receives the targets from his immediate boss usually the Sales Manager. He is expected to meet those targets which are usually provided based on his caliber. His major responsibilities include:
- Meeting the prospective clients and educating them about the usefulness of the company’s products for them
- Engaging with the existing customers and retaining good relationship with them
- Focusing on the company’s targets as assigned to him and keeping the Sales Manager in loop
- Report his accomplishments and failures to the Sales Manager and seek his assistance wherever required
- Taking care of or providing proper assistance to the clients in making their buying decisions
- Having concrete focus on the organization’s vision while making sales plans
- Assuring follow ups on payments from clients and reporting these back to the Sales Manager
Sales Executive Skills:
- Self-motivated and confident
- Patience to do follow ups for payments from the clients
- Ability to handle pressure and possessing the zeal to perform in spite of hurdles and hindrances
- Making sure that the targets are met through his concerted focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Good confident and competitive spirit
- Ability to face rejection
- Excellent convincing power
Sales Executive Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- MBA in Marketing or any Sales related discipline (usually mandatory)
Sales Executive Career and Salary Scope:
A Sales Executive is usually the backbone of any organization to win clients and build its business. He is very much an intrinsic part of an organization’s mission and vision. The sales executives hold an important position in the company as its warriors to wage war against the rivals by winning more clientele.
Freshers usually can hope to get a salary around 1,00,000- 2,00,000 for immediate campus placements. An experienced Sales Executive may get a package of 5,00,000-7,00,000 depending on his total experience.